What Is Internet Marketing?
Internet marketing or online marketing refers to advertising and marketing activities that use the web and email to draw direct sales via electronic commerce. It is not a single approach to developing interest or awareness to a product or service of a business. These activities are solely done over the internet. Its broad scope includes email marketing and electronic customer relationship management.
Why is internet marketing important? The internet connects millions of people from all over the world. It has the capabilities for your business to reach millions of your potential customers worldwide. In addition, the effectiveness of your advertisement campaign can easily be measured using web analytics.
Who can benefit from internet marketing? Any business, group or organization, from the smallest non-profit to the largest corporation, and even an individual has the ability to create a strong presence in the online world. It is because the internet has grown to encompass almost every aspect of our society developing or even replacing older methods of communications.
What kind of consumers deal and engage with internet marketing? As the internet develop and evolves, online consumers grows with it. Based on a report by an internet trend investment firm, around 240 million people in the United States use the internet from year 2011, and 15 million people connected for the first time that year. The audience for internet marketing is definitely not a niche group. The number and variety of people who spend time surfing the internet and those that are willing to spend money online through different purpose is only growing.
Now that we have a little overview of what internet marketing is; Here are a few common mistakes a business should avoid:
- Goals are not set. Set a few goals to be sure that you are in the right track. These goals should definitely be ideal. You also have to do it one step at a time. Everyone engaged in your project should absolutely be aware of what these goals are so that they can work towards them.
- Overloading on information. Consumers don’t want to be bombarded with a lot of information. Therefore, overwhelming people will never turn out to be an effective technique. You might be urged to give as much information as you want to your target market. But when people are faced with a paragraph after another, they simply don’t read it. Remember to always keep things simple if you want to keep people interested in your business.
- Ignoring email marketing. Email marketing is customer’s preferred way to receive promotional material. Most businesses tend to forget and ignore this and the benefits that they can get from it. So why stay away from a very important tool that your potential customer like the most? Also, it’s very cheap, sometimes even free. It’s an easy way to send promotional emails to customers. Never ignore this option.
To help your business grow and reach your target market. Our company offers various choices and tools for an effective and efficient internet marketing. Listed below are our services and a simple overview on how they work:
- PAY-PER-CLICK. It is a model of internet marketing in which advertisers pay a fee each time one of their advertisements is clicked. It’s a way of buying visits to your site, rather than attempting to earn those visits just by putting your ad on the internet and doing nothing.
- SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION. It is an activity of ensuring a website can be found in search engines with words or phrases related to what the website offers. Others define it as “quality control for websites”
- LANDING PAGE OPTIMIZATION. It is a model of internet marketing with the goal of improving the percentage of visitors to the website that become sales lead and customers. This webpage typically displays content that is a relevant extension of the advertisement or link. LPO’s goal is to provide page content and appearance that makes the website more appealing to the business’s target market.
- SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING. This is the use of social media websites and social networks to introduce a company’s product or service to its market. SMM provides a way to reach new customers and continue to engage with existing customers.
- VIDEO MARKETING. This method simply uses video advertisements to introduce your product or service to your target market. To develop a stronger marketing campaign, this method is essential for one’s business.
- MOBILE FRIENDLY WEBSITE. It is designed for your website to be displayed on handheld/mobile devices like the smartphones or tablet. Clients usually have two options when they opt for this design: adaptive or responsive.
- LOCAL MARKETING. Local marketing focuses on a local business within a local community.
Those are just few of the most popular services that our company offers. We are glad to help you with any concerns and inquiries regarding your business.